Monday, February 16, 2009

Lisa's Bag is DONE!

So I finally finished Lisa's bag... it turned into a more complicated project than I thought it was going to be. I had to make some size adjustments to it to accommodate her camera. But since I always turn into a zombie while cutting and sewing I made a few mistakes here and there... The inside "camera parts" portion was the tuff part. I almost didn't think I would be able to squeeze it into the bag!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Start to Lisa's Bag

Sooo... I've got all of the pieces cut and ready to go. Last night I started fusing on the batting and then discovered that I hate the way the fusible batting looks when trying to gather the material for the outsides of the bag. With the other bags I made I used just regular ol' batting so they have that poofy look to them. With the fusible batting they look way to stiff and rigid. So I spent the rest of my night ripping off the fusing for the outsides. Fortunately its perfect for the lining since there is no gathering inside! Lucky for me I had some regular batting already cut! YAY!